The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie
A classic chocolate chip cookie, elevated with infused cannabis butter. Allowing the dough to rest in the fridge ensures the cookies will be soft in the center, and crispy on the outside for the perfect treat!
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 lb bittersweet chocolate
2 teaspoons fleur de sel
Infusion- 1 cup cannabis butter
1. Sift the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
2. Using a mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars for five minutes, until the mixture turns light in colour.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Stir in the vanilla, and reduce mixing speed to low.
4. Very carefully, add in the flour mixture, and mix until just combined. Drop the chocolate pieces in a mix just to incorporate into the dough.
5. Scoop out 4 evenly sized balls, and lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Cover the balls with plastic wrap, making sure full contact is made with the dough. Leaving the remaining dough in the bowl it was mixed in, lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on top, making direct contact with the dough. Refrigerate both the prepared cookie dough balls and the dough in the bowl for at least a day, up to two days.
6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F.
7. Pull out the baking sheet with the cookie dough balls, and sprinkle with a bit of fleur de sel. Place into the center rack of the oven. Bake until cookies are golden brown, 18-20 minutes.
8. Continue with the rest of the dough, baking 6 cookies at a time, or transfer the remaining dough to a ziplock bag and freeze for up to a month.