Infused Eggs Benedict
The classic brunch staple. Take your next brunch to a ‘higher’ level with this amazing take on your favourite eggs benny.
70 g butter, 30 grams cannabutter (change ratio for desired number of people or effects)
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. mustard, Dijon
White wine vinegar
2 organic eggs, yolks only
4 slices thick cut bacon or back bacon
1. Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites, keeping only the yolks. Place the yolks in a stainless steel bowl.
2. Melt 100 grams of cannabutter and set aside.
3. Add lemon, and mustard, to the stainless steel bowl with the egg yolks. Place the bowl over a sauce pan of lightly simmering water (double boiler). Whisk vigourously until the mixture becomes thick and pale, ensuring that the water never touches the bottom of the bowl. It’s critical the mixture does not overheat and scramble the eggs. (To moderate heat you can remove the bowl from the heat for a few seconds at a time.)
4. Gradually add smaller splashes of butter from jar, whisking well. As they cook, the eggs will become frothy and increase in volume, and then thicken. When you can see the bottom of the bowl through the streaks of the whisk and th eggs are thick and smooth, remove from the heat.
Note- keep an ice cube nearby in case the mixture starts to split. Drop it in and continue whisking.
5. To thin the finished sauce, add white wine vinegar as desired and mix.
6. Season lightly with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper, whisking in well.
1. Boil water to 180-190 degrees. Add salt and 1/2 tbsp. vinegar.
2. With a spoon, whisk the water in a circular motion.
3. Place the egg inside the water. Strain the egg beforehand to help ensure consistent coagulation.
4. If you want to prevent overcooking of the egg, blanch the poached egg in ice water and heat before service.
1. Cook bacon to your liking, the crispier the better.
Finally, plate the eggs benedict by layering the bacon on top of the open faced English muffin, topping with the poached egg, salt and pepper to taste. Finally, drizzle that hollandaise sauce. Enjoy!