Chicken Enchilada Bites
A fun, Mexican-inspired appetizer that marries succulent shredded chicken with authentic Mexican flavours. Perfect for gatherings, but easy enough to make on a quiet weeknight.
1 cup crushed corn chips
1 teaspoon oregano
1.5 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 clove Minced Garlic
1 tablespoon chopped chipotle in adobo
1 lime, juice and zest
¾ Teaspoon salt
1 large chicken breast, cut into chunks
¾ cup enchilada sauce
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
3 tablespoons crumbled queso
Infusion- ½ cup cannabis canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. In a bowl, combine the corn chips with 8 tablespoons infused oil. Press the mixture into the base of 12 mini cupcake tins, and bake for 5 minutes (careful not to burn them!). Allow the cups to cool as you move on to the next step.
3. Preheat a pan over medium high heat, with 1 tablespoon of infused oil. Add the chicken, oregano, paprika, cumin, garlic, and chipotle to the pan, and toss well to combine.
4. Add ½ cup water and ½ cup of enchilada sauce (save the rest), and reduce heat to medium. Allow the mixture to cook for half an hour, until the chicken is easily shredded into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Remove the shredded chicken from the heat, and toss with the lime zest and juice, and the chopped cilantro.
6. Carefully spoon the mixture into the corn chip shells, and top with enchilada sauce and queso. Garnish with one or two cilantro leaves.
7. Plate and serve with our infused guacamole