Canna-Chocolate Pumpkin Pies
What’s better than weed and chocolate? How about getting some pumpkin spice into the mix? These mini pumpkin-chocolate pies are the perfect way to get your daily dose.
For the Crust:
1.5 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
Infusion- 8 tablespoons cannabis butter
3 tablespoons cold water
For the Filling:
9 oz semisweet chocolate
14 oz pumpkin puree
12 oz evaporated milk
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon each, nutmeg and ginger
Infusion- 4 tablespoons cannabis butter
1. Make the crust- In a food processor, combine the butter, flour, sugar and salt until it has a sandy texture, with small chunks of butter throughout. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
2. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough has formed. Wrap the dough, and refrigerate for an hour.
3. Transfer the chilled dough to a work surface dusted with flour. Roll it out, and cut into 12 equal rounds. Press the rounds into mini pie moulds, and place back into the fridge for at least 15 minutes, up to an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 425F. Using a fork, poke holes into the dough throughout all the mini pie pans (this helps steam escape, so the crust doesn’t puff- don’t skip this step!)
5. Place the pie pans onto a baking sheet, and bake in the center of the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet with the pie plates from the oven, and allow them to cool while you prepare the filling.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 F. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring constantly. Remove the heat, and set aside.
7. In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Fold in the chocolate mixture. Pour the filling into the crusts.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, until the filling is cooked by the centers still jiggle slightly. Allow to cool for 20 minutes at room temperature.