Canna-Caramel Bread Pudding
Warm, soft bread pudding in a warm bourbon-caramel sauce, elevated with an infused cannabis cream.
4 large stale pieces of bread
1/2 cup sugar
2 oz water
2 oz bourbon
2 eggs, beaten
Infusion- 1/2 cup cannabis cream
Infusion- 1/2 cup cannabis milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Tear or chop the pieces of bread and lay into a small gratin dish, or two individual ramekins.
3. In a saucepan over medium high heat, mix the sugar with the water, stirring just until fully dissolved. Stop stirring, and allow the sugar mixture to caramelize, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat as soon as the sugar has turned a deep amber colour, and whisk the cream in right away. Add the bourbon and milk immediately, and continue to whisk for another minute.
5. Add the beaten eggs to the caramel sauce, whisking well until fully combined.
6. Pour the sauce over the bread, and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Bake 20 minutes, until golden. Serve warm, with ice cream.